Is your main character lost in the crowd?
- Do you have--or need--a single main character to carry your story?
- If you have one or more main characters, do they stand out from the rest?
- Maybe YOU love your protagonist - but do you worry if your readers will love him enough to buy Book 2 and 3 and beyond?
- You can successfully include more than one protagonist in a story--if you know the tricks.
- Your story needs a protagonist who stays fresh and fascinating not just in a single book but, if you plan a series, in every book.
- Your main character deserves to be so real that each event excites them to see what happens next!
Learn to avoid protagonist (and writer!) burn-out before your book or series ends.
is just like any character, right?
A protagonist, especially in a series, is one complicated guy or gal!
- It's not good enough to just have him show up in each book
- It's not good enough to just "let the character grow" as you write
- He needs to survive numerous encounters in every scene and/or book of your series with lots of scars to show for it
- He needs to thrive as the Big Conflicts loom heavy before him
Writing characters that invigorate a book,
let alone survive a series, is NOT intuitive.
But I can teach you how!
What you get in my workshops:
- You get lessons and worksheets that you specifically apply to YOUR writing (not generic exercises)
- I send you a personal review and my comments on every worksheet you submit
- You meet other writers in the private discussion forum within this program.
- Learn together as you see my responses to each of the students in the private discussion forum
- And you get UNLIMITED email support from me personally!
- BONUS: You get a one-on-one call with me at the end of the workshop, just to talk about YOUR writing
"With all the varieties of writing courses out there, who needs another one? Well, as it turns out, Sandra Haven's course "How to Create A Sustainable Character in Your Series" feels both new, fresh and exciting. With devotion, insight, and attention, she has you work with key elements and archetypes as your tools, in order for you to create not only sustainable, but also believable characters that work with your story. Add to it lovely bonus material and personal, swift feedback, and what you have is a writing course you don't want to miss! Well done, Ms. Haven!!"
-- Linda Govik, Sweden
"The way I see my protagonists has changed. The two protagonists have a whole new dynamic now. They are more solid, more real than they ever were before. I'm seeing them as an archetype, seeing the emotional changes they're experiencing versus just having them go through a series of events or situations. They have a direction now. This changed the way I viewed both my protagonists and supporting characters.
The worksheet exercises really put my mind to work with the new information and made it real."
-- Peter Celebrese, Georgia
I have provided editorial services as a freelance editor for writers from around the world as well as for book publishers in the United States and Canada for over two decades.
My assistance has helped numerous writers achieve success, whether for publishing a single book to fulfill a personal dream or creating a career as a commercial series writer.
Click here to see just a few of the successes of my writing clients.